Earn continuing education units (CEUs) as you learn. On-demand training resources on your schedule.
Stay up to date and improve your skills at your convenience.
Build your speed and test your realtime and edited speed takes. Test yourself on past NCRA exams. Upload your own dictations and share. Track your progress. Take part in healthy competitions.
Conquer your fears and build your confidence by writing live alongside your peers to live dictation through our online interface.
Improve your skills with our other added features, some that are included with your membership at no additional cost.
on September 26, 2018 / by Christine Phipps
on September 26, 2018 / by Slade Grayson, Planet Depos
Thank you for your interest in Stenographers World. Please enter your information below, and your promo code will be emailed to you.
Select Your Career:
Hi. My name is Selena Stehn, founder of Stenographers World.
During career day as a junior in high school in a small town in Illinois back in the 80s, one of the most
inspiring, motivating, and coolest ladies walked into our Secretarial Sciences classroom to give a
presentation on her career as a court reporter. When she brought out her little machine and wrote on
it, I fell in love. My heart raced faster than it had ever raced before. The stories she shared of some of
the most interesting murder trials, depositions and even cool business meetings spoke directly to my
soul. I knew what my future held for me, and I could not wait to jump in!
Court reporting has been in my blood and has been my passion for many years. I graduated from court
reporting school in the 90s, used my skill in many areas as a stay-at-home mom while raising my son and
moving from state to state due to my then husband’s career.
Due to life circumstances, I put my machine away for several years. However, it would call my name
from behind the closet door as I walked by; sometimes would even scream out to me. Finally, in 2006,
after going through a divorce, I decided to dust off my machine and build my speed again. At that time,
there was not an inexpensive place just to build my speed and bring me up to date with what was going
on in the court reporting world. So, I had to enroll in a full-time court reporting school which cost
thousands of dollars.
If only there was a place to build my speed and prepare me to take the certification exams again, as well
as bring insights into what was going on with the court reporting profession including all of the different
career paths that were available with this awesome skill of steno…
After being enrolled in court reporting school not once but twice, I heard the same anxious questions
from other students wanting to know what to expect, the ups and downs of getting through school,
what paths they can take once they are out working, what equipment and software do they need to
This was the driving force to start Stenographers World. I wanted to have a website that informed
current stenographers (court reporters and captioners), as well as students, about what was going on in
our awesome world of stenography. I wanted to help them to build their speed and get over their fear
of writing realtime in front of others. As icing on the cake, I learned that NCRA would approve the
webinars for continuing education units (CEUs) which allowed licensed court reporters and captioners to
keep their certifications by earning the 30-hour CEU credits they need each three-year cycle, as well as
PDCs by using Stenographers World’s speed building library and live and recorded Write Live sessions.
So, I ventured out and was blessed to find the most intelligent and intuitive coder to bring my vision of
Stenographers World to life in October of 2012. I could not have done it without her!
Stenographers World has helped thousands of court reporters and captioners to maintain their licenses,
as well as many students and current stenographers to build their speed and improve their realtime
accuracy, enabling them to earn their licenses.
There are many ideas brewing for the future of Stenographers World. Stay with us and watch us grow.
We love to hear your suggestions for upcoming webinars, radio shows/podcasts, and/or ideas that you
have for Stenographers World. Stenographers World is your world.
My vision is to grow our profession by reaching out to school districts to add stenography as a
curriculum in high schools and junior colleges in addition to or in place of pen shorthand. Stenography
has been around for centuries, is present and thriving today, and will definitely be here in the future.
Technology has made it possible, along with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), to open many
opportunities for people with this awe-inspiring skill.
Please enter your login details below.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us are experiencing income slowdown and a lot of time on our hands.
Stenographers World has implemented:"Watch and Earn Now, but Pay Later." See details below.
Please stay isolated and protect yourself and others.
1) Never registered with Stenographers World? Click here to sign up for a free account.
2) Registered with Stenographers World in the past? Simply log in.
3) Once logged in, click here to begin watching webinars in the main toolbar or click Webinars
in the main toolbar.
4) Choose a webinar and add it to your queue or simply click Watch.
5) View the webinar through to the end and the "Thank You for Watching" message appears.
6) It is important to see the "Thank You for Watching" message, as it populates your CEU forms.
7) Once you are ready to see and download your CEU forms, simply sign up as a paid member by
clicking on Membership Details.
8) Once on Membership Details, click the blue Add Features link located beneath the Feature
9) Annual should be highlighted in blue.
10) Then choose Webinars Unlimited for $132.89.
11) Then choose the second CEUs option for $113.00.
12) Your total will be $245.89 if you pay after 5/31/2020.
13) If you pay before 6/1/2020, our current special is $184.42. Simply type in the Promo Code:
"Stay Home 2020 - CEUs" (no quotes) into the promo box and click Apply Promo Code.
14) Then click Subscribe to Selected Features.
15) Check Yes when prompted "Are you Sure..."
16) Then follow prompts for payment.
1) All webinars you complete now, your forms will be populated
to reflect the date and time completed. DATES WILL BE EXTENDED IF PANDEMIC LASTS LONGER THAN EXPECTED.
2) After you have paid your membership fee, click on My Dashboard.
3) Then click Download Forms located in the Webinars box on My Dashboard.
4) Click Generate Forms located next to each webinar you have completed.
5) You can then download your forms and submit them to NCRA along with your NCRA submission fee.
6) Please note that you can save in NCRA fees by watching several webinars in the same date
and combining your forms into one PDF file to submit to NCRA for only one fee per document
submission. It does not matter if you watch 1, 10, 15 or however many you can comfortably watch
in the same date, NCRA will only charge one submission fee for each document uploaded to NCRA.org/ceuforms.
New members, click here now to sign up for a free membership.
Current or past members, simply log in and start watching.
Thank you for your interest in Stenographers World. Please enter your information belo to start receiving our newsletters.